Friday, March 20, 2009

The Boys and Some Dogs

Michael and Crystal went to Las Vegas for several days, and Preston & Triston visited us. As usual, it was fun! I didn't take too many photos so I didn't have a lot to choose from.
Can you tell I took
this one during lunch?

Lulu (also known as Lucy) came too. 
She's a 9 pound sweet little Maltese.
We had a windy day so Pa-Paw
and the boys flew kites.

Spiderman kite!

Triston & Lulu

Isn't this cute?
Mitzi, Sally & Daisy all looking out the window.

This is our neighbor Michelle showing us their new puppy named Jenna.  She's a two-month old Brussels Griffon.
Preston wanted to hold her.
She has a really soft coat.


This is Charlie, our neighbor's other Brussels Griffon. He's such a nice shy little guy.
Yesterday when Michael and Crystal came to get the kids, we were outside and Charlie came across the yard toward me. I called him so I could pet him and Daisy jumped the fence and attacked him! I guess she was jealous and trying to protect me.

I couldn't break them up because they kept moving. Poor Charlie was squealing and trying to get away but Daisy was being major aggressive! Jon (Michelle's husband) was walking in our direction with puppy Jenna. He saw I couldn't stop them and helped out.

He told me, "Here hold her!" and handed Jenna the puppy off to me. Then, he reached down, got Daisy by the lower back portion of her neck, picked her right up and put her back over the fence. Poor sweet Charlie was okay but terrified.
Sally and Daisy got into it about three times when she first got here but they're buddies now. Daisy doesn't draw blood (as far as I know) when she attacks but you'd never know it to see or hear it! I don't like it! Overall, Daisy is a sweet and very smart dog. If I tell her no, she immediately stops whatever she's doing. I'll tell her, "Go get on the chair," and she immediately goes to her little blanket on the end of the couch. She listens well except for when I'm screaming "Daisy No!" like a maniac while trying to break up her fight. LOL.  The Dog Whisperer says to be calm and I haven't been.

My sister Linda says if I wasn't calling Charlie, she probably would have jumped the fence and sniffed Charlie instead of attacking. I agree. In fact, I'm not so sure she would have even jumped the fence. She has seen Charlie two other times and didn't do a thing. As far as I know, that's only the second time she jumped the fence.

The first time was the other day when the boys and I were leaving. We were sitting in the driveway and I saw Daisy looking up at the top of the fence. She flexed her legs two or three times and hopped right up over it!

Preston told me, "She smoked that fence Mimi!"

"Yes, she sure did!"

I jumped out of the truck as she came around it, and she tried to jump in. She didn't want me leaving. I put her in the house and blocked the doggie door. I'm keeping it blocked for now and taking the dogs out on leashes to go to the bathroom until we figure out what to do.
George was planning on moving the dog pen anyway, and making it taller but I don't think he was ready to tackle that project just yet.

Daisy is Mom's dog and a permanent member of our family now. Mom would never agree to getting rid of her and I really don't want to do that either. For those of you who don't know, Mom is developing dementia and is here a lot. She will be living full time between our house and Linda's house in the near future. When Mom is here, she's always talking about how Daisy is her girlfriend and how much she loves her. I love her too. What am I going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know that each and every one of your kind comments are greatly appreciated!