Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Blue Ridge Parkway~Day 1



As you know from the previous post, we went through Pigeon Forge and spent the night in Gatlinburg on our way to Maryland.  After leaving Gatlinburg, we drove through the scenic Great Smoky Mountain National Park to get to the Blue Ridge Parkway.  


We spent the entire day meandering the majestic parkway but only ended up going about 150 miles.  It was definitely something to savor so stopping a lot and driving slowly were important!  In fact, this part of the Parkway was abuzz with cars and motorcycles so it wasn't likely one would do much more than 45 mph even if they wanted to.


We saw a path, parked, 
and followed it to 
this peaceful stream.


George



We can see why they're called 
the Great Smoky Mountains.




I used my camera phone for 
nearly all the pics and videos 
on the trip. It's a handy gadget!




I want to go down that 
road again and right now!




These views were plentiful!


We can see why they're called 
the Blue Ridge Mountains.




More beauty!
This was fairly early in the day.


This is in the Folk Art 
Visitor's Center north of 
Asheville, NC on the Parkway.




The Folk Art Center. 
When I got just past the desk 
on the right, I noticed a sign 
that said, "No Pictures" so I quit.




Price Lake on the Parkway.




Really and truly, these photos don't do it justice because it's fabulous!  Absolutely gorgeous!  Can ya tell I loved it?


Again, I wasn't able to upload a video! In addition, the video works just fine in iMovie but some of the sound is off when I view it in iTunes.  :(  Oh well, I decided to give it up for now and just go ahead and publish this post.

Smiling but Disappointed,
D~~~~


2 comments:

  1. Donna, great pics & description as always. My fave is the one with the blue sky, sloping landscape, with the tree in the middle. Gorgeous! Sorry you weren't able to get the video uploaded. Got to be a reason, but I haven't a clue what it could be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your trip through your pictures. We have taken that trip many times and gone the Parkway all the way to VA--it is a beautiful drive. We are both disabled now and don't get to take those trips but we have the wonderful memories.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Please know that each and every one of your kind comments are greatly appreciated!