Friday, March 2, 2012

Mom on Valentine's Day

I'm late on this one but I just remembered that I didn't post it. Actually, it happened when I saw the pictures just sitting there in the file, glaring sadly at me. Then they yelled, "Yoo-hoo! We're still waiting to be posted!"

And when pictures talk, I listen!

Mom's nursing home had a Valentine's candlelit dinner for the residents and a dance afterwards.

Doesn't Mom look cute?

George and Mom
We opened her sweater so 
you could see the dress.
People donated dresses for the
ladies and jackets for the men.


A seven-piece band performed lots of 
good, really old country songs.
We enjoyed listening to them.  
They were nice folks from Gainesville,
Collinsville, Pilot Point and other
towns in the area.

On the way out, George says to me,
"Hey, they're here once a month!"
I detected a bit of excitement in his voice.
I had to ask--
"So now you want to come to the nursing 
home once a month to hear the band?"
He chuckled, and said yes!

So we'll be having a big 
night out once a month now!
At the nursing home...
I hear you laughing.
So am I.

With Smiles and Gallons of Laughter,
D~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know that each and every one of your kind comments are greatly appreciated!