Friday, October 12, 2018

Colorado, Part 3~Jeeping & Pagosa Springs

Joe pulled his jeep up to Colorado behind his fifth wheel so that so he, Geo and others could pursue some jeeping adventures while there. 

I'll bet that looked like one long choo-choo train traveling the highways and country roads to get there! It makes me think of the 1954 movie, The Long, Long Trailer with Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz. 

Do you remember that movie?

Joe & George enjoyed jeeping three or four times during the two weeks that we were there. One of those times, Dave (from my 1st Colorado post) went with them.

Joe's jeep.

Nice view under those dark clouds!







Joe

Dave, George and one outstanding view beside them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Meanwhile back at the RV park, 
Linda and I painted rocks.
I wrote about it on my other blog, 

You can read that specific post 
here 
(if you want to go directly to it 
and not sift through other posts.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The pretty town of Pagosa Springs is about an hour from the RV park so it called for a visit. 

Yes, it called.
I heard it.
All four of us heard it!
And what do you do 
when Pagosa Springs calls?

You go!

Pagosa Springs' name was inspired by the sulphur springs which includes the world's deepest geothermal spring.


We ate lunch at
where their balcony overlooks the springs. 
 Note~~I've seen negative reviews online about Tequila's but our experience was quite positive. Everyone enjoyed their food. I can say that my shrimp enchiladas were awesome!

Our view of the springs froTequila's balcony.
View #1

View #2

Street level view from beneath the balcony.

The tall building on the end below is 
It sits at the end of the row of springs.  

A close-up of
The Springs Resort & Spa.

It looks like a super nice place!

I'll end this post with a photo taken in the 
opposite direction showing the mountains 
in the distance under a perfect blue sky.

That's it for now.
More of Colorado very soon!

Smiles,
D~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please know that each and every one of your kind comments are greatly appreciated!