Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Post-Football Depression

It’s happening. It probably doesn’t happen to most women but to a lot of men. And it’s always this same time of year. Yes, I’m speaking of post-football depression. The last game of the season, the Pro Bowl, took place two days ago so the season is officially over. Ho-hum, woe is me! I love pro football Sundays and I am completely thrown off kilter when the season ends.

In addition to loving the games, I relish in cooking something yummy that day--something that I can simmer and stir all day long while absorbing the aroma and taste testing here and there. I get laundry done while watching football too. I haul each load into the living room for folding so I don't miss a thing.

On an absolutely perfect football Sunday, it will also be wintry like outside--cold with the wind kicking up, leaves swirling into a tizzy, snow falling and drifting higher and higher. The kind of weather that accompanies a delicious batch of chili, soup, or stew. Of course, that type of winter weather doesn't happen often here in north Texas but a girl can dream, can't she? Usually if we get snow, it's not often and not much and what are the odds that my dream weather will occur here on a football Sunday? Not good but I’m always on the lookout for it.

As it stands now, on this post-football-season Tuesday, I’m confused! Without football, I don’t know what to cook or how to do laundry. I am perplexed by questions like, what should I fix for dinner, when should I do the laundry, and where and how do I fold it? You would think I'd have that figured out by now since every February, I suffer through another round it but no! Perhaps I need a 12-step program?  By the time, I'd finish it, it'd be football season again so I think I'll just try to ignore it and wait as patiently as possible.

1 comment:

Please know that each and every one of your kind comments are greatly appreciated!