Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Stowaway Snake

Ever find a snake in your car?
We did!
Not all the way inside but close enough.

After driving about 13 miles to Home Depot, George got out, looked down, and with his door still open, he told me:

“Oh my gosh! Come look at this!”
And he chuckled!

I was already out on my side and instantly had a gut feeling that it was a snake. I slowly peered through the inside of the car over to his side and I could see it all the way from there--a brownish, slimy snake! YIKES! 

I was traumatized!
He said it was a rat/bull snake which I’m told is not poisonous but it doesn’t matter.

A snake is a snake!
It was in the crease where the door opens. 

Here it is after it retreated a bit.
You might need to 
enlarge the pic to see it 
(assuming you want to see it!)

Obviously, it was out quite a bit farther since I was able to see it from the other side by looking through the inside of the car!  

Two young guys tried to help us but by the time they got a long pole, it had moved down into the trim behind the door step. A Home Depot worker also tried but to no avail. He was able to see that it had now moved up into the area above the tire but he couldn't get to it. You couldn't see it with the hood opened either. 

I vowed not to get back in the car or drive it EVER again but George and the Home Depot guy convinced me that it couldn’t get inside the car. If I could have thought of another way to get home, I’d have taken it but I couldn’t so I reluctantly got back into the car. I rode in the back seat though!  

When we got home, George still couldn’t find it so he did the only thing he knew to do, he went into the house and laid in the recliner. However, I continued to freak out!


About an hour or so later, he went back out, pulled the vehicle into the shop and removed the part above the tire. He looked in the engine, and all around underneath the vehicle but he still couldn’t find it. He said it must have gotten out.  



Guess what?  
I’m still not driving that vehicle. 
Nope!

This is the second snake we’ve seen in a few weeks and possibly the same one. Some years we don’t see any, and the years when we have seen them, it’s usually not until July or August. This was in May!  I'm thinking we’re in for a very slithery, slimy, snaky summer! 

I AM traumatized!!!

I had George switch vehicles with me because I cannot bring myself to drive that one. I don't know when I'll be ready to drive it either! I did ride in it the other day but I kept my feet up on the dashboard!

Creeped Out, Traumatized, 
and Definitely NOT Smiling,
D~~~~

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 07, 2013

    OMG....such an entertaining post. Hope you don't remain traumatized too long.

    ReplyDelete

Please know that each and every one of your kind comments are greatly appreciated!