Friday, May 7, 2010

This 'N That

It's been almost a month and a half since I last blogged. Okay, 44 days to be exact! Also known as 1056 hours or 63,360 minutes or 3,801,600 seconds. Don't hold me to those figures though because when it comes to numbers, I'm no Mozart! Okay, okay, so he's a composer. Well, I'm not a musician either! So this is some of what has been going on around here in the last 44 days or 1056 hours or 63,360 minutes or 3,801,600 seconds.

On Easter, we drove up to Thackerville, OK to see Michael, Crystal and the boys. We hid Easter baskets outside so they could find them.

Triston & Preston with Lulu on Easter.


We've also been tilling.
I'm not sure what we'll do with this garden. We don't want to mess with it until next spring because we have other projects to do first. I would plant it except for it needs to have at least five inches of dirt taken out from one end to the other. You don't think I'm going to haul all that dirt out do you? Yikes! Geo wants to rent a front loader to do that job eventually. Plus, he's always wanted to rent a front loader. I'm thinking he should just get one to drive around--grocery store, Best Buy, work, etc.

And we did more tilling.
Did you think I meant me when I said "we?"
Actually, I did. You just can't see me. I'm right behind him. I'm holding him up as he tills.

I had to step away to take this photo!


We've also been cleaning up the yard.
Again, photographer here!
I usually help him hold up the chain saw while he uses it.


We've also been observing cob webs across the back lawn at sunset. Can you see them in the pic below? Notice how organized and neat they are? That cobweb-building spider acts like he owns the joint with his feng shui cobweb. I have two problems with this, 1) I prefer that my cobwebs be art deco, and 2) I DO NOT LIKE SPIDERS AT ALL!
I recently posted on Facebook about my terrifying encounter with an enormous spider in the bathroom. If you missed it, here's the post!

I'm still traumatized from a harrowing encounter that I had with a GIGANTIC and UGLY spider in my bathroom yesterday! His body was 5 feet around and his legs were at least 20 FEET long! It was just him and me, eyeball to hairy eyeball, when I got an idea. I hair sprayed him to death! It was HORRIBLE y'all! HORRIBLE! The upside is that his hair looked really nice even in death. Tomorrow I call Terminex.

Okay, I didn't call Terminex but I meant to! They come automatically every two months, and I keep thinking they will be contacting us any day now but nothing so far. I am finding spiders in the house every day too. They're not as big as that HUGE monster but a molecule-size spider is too big for me! If we don't get a card in the mail TODAY saying that Terminex is coming next week, I'm calling them! Really. Would I lie? Again?

We start to build a garden shed in the next day or so. Woo-hoo! I'm excited. Oh yeah, I painted the bedroom too but I'll blog about it at a later date.

Smiling and Hoping You Stay Spider Free,
D~~~~

1 comment:

  1. I'm not too fond of spiders either - especially since we have brown recluse spiders here.

    ReplyDelete

Please know that each and every one of your kind comments are greatly appreciated!